Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Exodus for Lent: Week 2, Monday

Week 2 Introduction: Listen.
This week, our study will focus on listening. God listens to us as He listened to the cries of the Israelites. But we do not always listen to God. Sometimes our hearts are hardened like Pharoah’s, and sometimes we take up God’s word like Moses and Aaron did.  
 
Read: Exodus 2:23-25; Genesis 12:1-3; Psalm 116:1-7
 
Reflect: God’s covenant with Abram resonates now as his descendants are being cursed by Egypt. God hears the cries of his covenant people and remembers his promise to Abraham to curse those who curse Abraham. God listens to His people, and big things are about to happen. Think of a time when God heard your cries. How did He answer?
 
Write: On your own or in the comments here 
 
Recite: John 10:27-28   [Jesus said,] “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.”
 
Pray: Redeeming Lord, Speak to me so that I may listen and be lead by your Word to eternal life in Christ. Amen. 
 


1 comment:

  1. So many times, He has answered. Not always the way I wanted, but He answered.

    One time that stands out was when our younger son was diagnosed with autism. WHAT DO WE DO?!?!? The answers poured out in the form of a clear path forward through a VERY murky forest of life choices, misinformation, quackery, and too many choices for comfort. The whole process could not have unfurled any better than it did, and Jack is doing very well today as a result. However this fits into God's larger plan for the world, He certainly used a bad situation for good, and provided comfort to us, parents who listened.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!