Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Exodus for Lent: Week 5, Tuesday


Read: Exodus 21
 
Reflect: These ordinances deal with fairness in the existing culture of the Israelites, where even slaves and women must be treated with a certain level of respect and people are liable for their ox’s bad behavior. If God were to give ordinances to a modern-day Moses, how do you think fairness would play out? What areas of our culture today call out for God’s fairness?
 
Write: Here or privately.
 
Recite: …for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of the parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. Exodus 20:5-6
 
Pray: Almighty God, help me to obey you in all things. Thank you for your mercy and love. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!