Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Exodus for Lent: Week 2, Friday


Read: Exodus 9:13-35
 
Reflect: Some of the Egyptians listen to the word of the Lord. Those who don’t listen lose their possessions to the hail. As the plagues continue, God increasingly singles out the Israelites as His chosen people, but God’s greatness reaches into Pharaoh’s people as well…the hail softens their hearts, even if it doesn’t soften Pharaoh’s. Has some plague in your own life softened your heart to hear God’s word, to feel more connected to Him?
 
Write: On your own or in the comments here

Recite: John 10:27-28 [Jesus said,] “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.”

Pray: Redeeming Lord, Speak to me so that I may listen and be lead by your Word to eternal life in Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!