Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Exodus for Lent: Week 2, Thursday


Read: Exodus 8
 
Reflect: Each new plague is a bit more uncomfortable for Pharaoh, and even his magicians start to believe in the Lord. But as soon as the discomfort passes, Pharaoh reverts to engrained habits of power and control. What are some of your engrained bad habits? Changing habits is extremely hard, but what inspiration can we glean from Pharaoh’s failure to listen even to himself.
 
Write: On your own or in the comments here
 
Recite: John 10:27-28 [Jesus said,] “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.”
 
Pray: Redeeming Lord, Speak to me so that I may listen and be lead by your Word to eternal life in Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!