Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lenten Gratitude

Lots of people give up something for Lent, but in recent years, I've tried to add something. This year, I'm going to send a handmade card every day because telling people you love them with happy mail is a good thing. Also, I'm going to keep a Lenten Gratitude Journal.

A great way to show our gratitude for Christ's living sacrifice on the cross is to acknowledge all that He bought for us. Of course we have our sins washed away, our salvation bought and paid for. For me, right now, in this season, gratitude for salvation overwhelms me because I don't deserve it.

Which is the whole point, actually. Jesus loved us that much!

But in this 40 days of moving toward the cross and resurrection, I want to focus on celebrating those little, daily blessings and beauties and bounty that we too often take for granted in a distracting world, and also those challenges and difficulties that, through Christ, lead us to growth, to love, to victory.

Lent calls us all differently. This year, it's calling me to send cards and wallow in boundless gratitude. How is it calling you?

1 comment:

  1. I think we all need to be more grateful in this fast paced, over stimulated, technology based society. I love your wonderful idea and I think sharing the joy of our craft is a great way to spread love. I think we so often take others around us for granted. There are so many 'little' things to be grateful for each day...love your journal idea. I need to get mine going again.
    I just saw a unique sharing idea on FB this am. Take a garbage bag and each day for the next 40 days of Lent, put one article in that bag. At the end of the 40 days, donate that bag to a worthy cause that will give the items to others who are in need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to comment!